Thursday, January 12, 2006

JFK

  New York.  Bound for South Africa.   Checked in for my flight to London, it was delayed for a couple hours, naturally I went to the bar for a couple beers.  I met Don, a black guy from Connecticut.  He was also on his way to London.  Going for a week to hang with some friends.  He was a brother that other brothers pick on.  I liked him.   He showed me his photo album from his trip to St. Petersburg.  That’s an extra ten pounds to lug around the tube.   Ever since that journey he’d been thinking of his next destination, I know the feeling.  I had another Stella. Don had a ginger ale.    Then Jennifer sat down next me.  She was on my flight to London too.  A pretty blonde from Jersey, 37, an oral surgeon, flying to Cape Town to meet a guy she met one night at a Christmas party a couple weeks earlier.  Excited and nervous she was.  I was just excited.  We switched from beer to vodka.  Closed the bar down a few minutes before our plane left.  Went outside for a Virginia Slim.  I hit the duty free shop for two bottles of Patron.  I knew it was on when we looked at our tickets and discovered we were both in row 29.  I wish I hadn’t had that Phily cheese steak.   No one else was in our row.  Can’t remember anything she said after that.   She fed me designer pills, I fed her wine and we listened to the ipod on travel speakers.  We both put on a Nicoderm patch.   The British airhostess told us to simmer down a few times.  Ten minutes after the Zanex we were sucking face.  A little rub tickle touch.  That’s the last thing I recall.  I’m sure I tried to take her to the toilet but she must have denied me.  Just as well, would have been like stuffing an oyster into a parking meter.  I woke up in a hazy shade of winter with her on my lap and everyone getting off the plane.  We had a coffee together and did a little shopping once I cleared the fog from the cockpit with a happy pill she gave me, some type of Vicadin.  She bought some cologne for Trevor, I bought a smoked salmon.   I walked her to her gate, she gave me a Zanex for my next flight, I gave her a kiss and a hug, we parted with smiles.  It was New Year’s Eve.


Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home